Re: Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:59:06 -0700 (PDT)

I guess what I'm looking for is HQ second edition. I read the rules and get an entirely different idea of what Glorantha is like than listening to you lot. And I played a lot of Runequest too. In the book, it's easy to get new magic, easy to join temples, and concentrating your common magic seems like a great idea. In the version I see here, the world is a stricter, more xenophobic place (where wierd people meet each other all the time anyway) and there's some good reason to be a disciple.

I run a game at home. It's actually fun and stuff. But certainly I have a hard time reconciling the HQ rules with list culture.

It might be best if I just go with the book and ignore you guys.

Not that it's not amusing to talk about.

t.

Now, some of these things may still seem problematic to you. All I can
say
is to relax and try to play and not worry about it. I think that you
may
find that it's not nearly as problematic as you seem to think it is for
the
style of play that you want to see. That, or perhaps you mean something
really different from me by Storytelling.

Mike

Do You Yahoo!?