Re: Active/inactive

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:45:11 -0400

On Fri, 2005-29-07 at 16:33 +0100, Jane Williams wrote:

> I think perhaps we have a misunderstanding here? I
> suspect Donald was using "concentrating" in the normal
> English meaning of the word - "thinking hard about",
> roughly.

In which case, OOPS, mea culpa. :-)

> For most magic, you have to make a conscious
> decision to use it actively. Charms can kick in as
> augments with no thought on the part of the user, but
> feats don't, as I understand it.
>
> And the more I think about it, the more sense that
> makes.

Wait, now I am confused. So our argument is that augmented magic requires you don't think about it? It gets to kick in as an always on augment? I know that charms are specifically mentioned to do this, but would a common magic spell or feat be the same here? How does this reconcile with p101 and "stacking magic"?

LC