Re: Lunar otherworld?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:23:50 -0700

Roderick J & Ellen Robertson wrote:

> The decsion we made was to *not* create a new "Lunar" magic ability
> system, but to use the basics of Affinites/feats, Charms/Fetishes
> Grimoires/Formularies/Spells. But the magic and otherworld of the
> Lunars is different than the Theistic/Animist/Sorcerous ones.

But can't a Lunar theist say "I choose to concentrate in theism, not in the Lunar Way"--and thus get to use his (Lunar) feats from, say, Natha, but also use non-Lunar feats from some other source (common magic or his local gods)?

The reason I ask is--in the case of, f'r'ex, dragon magic, the books specifically say "Yes, we sometimes treat it as being like charms or spells or feats, but it really isn't at all like those--it's just Dragon Magic." But in the case of Lunar magic, it seems like those 'feats' *really are* feats--they're available to people who've concentrated in theism, and they're blocked off from people who concentrated in animism, just like any other cult's feats. It's just that there are *two* ways to get Jakaleel fetishes at the half-price 'concentrated' rate--*either* by concentrating in animism, *or* by concentrating in Lunar magic.