Baron Malvei

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:08:35 -0400

Just a question to those of you with better access to sources than I have. From Men of the Sea, we have the Baron of Karse listed as an Esvulari named Baron Malvei.

Since my game is taking place there, and I'm trying to at least drift along canon, if not follow it slavishly, does anyone know if there are some canonical or semi-canonical answers to the following?

Is this the same Baron as before the occupation? MotS is roughly 1625-ish, so the description of the city is post-invasion. Is this the pre-invasion Baron? A Lunar puppet replacing the rightful Heortling Baron? Something else?

I know there is very little canonical info, but presumably the people who wrote MotS have some idea why they put in what they did. (Any info on the Green Circle Band would be nice, too.)

If this turns into a long, involved discussion of the nature of rulership in the cities south of Sartar, I promise to move it to the digest. :)

LC