RE: Active/inactive

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:42:32 -0700 (PDT)

Even when you are an initiate using magic passively, you are in your 'Hero Light' so you will be zapping your sword and it will glow with that deadly black unlight that means 'sword breaks weapons now.' If you are augmenting your 'disarming trick' with 'sword breaking magic' i wouldn't let that happen at range.

it would happen when you parry the big Barbeester Gor axe. 'eek! smash! ha!'

t.

> On Fri, 2005-29-07 at 08:04 +0100, Jane Williams
> wrote:
> > And range modifiers are there for a reason, so
> "touch range only" is not the
> > default.
>
> No, it certainly isn't. But the option to make given
> magic "touch only"
> is clear in the book. (Personally, I would let it be
> done at range
> because... well, because it is cool.)
>
> > So, if she couldn't normally use it actively, then
> if we were in an extended
> > contest, and if it happened to be his turn to bid
> not hers (a game
> > mechanic), then she could do the beam of black
> light thing, and if it was
> > her turn, she'd have to wait and use it via a
> sword?
> >
> > This seems to me to be remarkably silly.
>
> I agree. Which is why THIS can't be what the
> difference is. I just can't
> see it.
>
> > > Exactly. Is there a difference between an
> augment use and a non-augment
> > > use of magic to the Gloranthan Eye? I really am
> not sure.
> >
> > I can see specific cases (sometimes), but what we
> need is an overall generic
> > difference.
>
> Agreed.
>
> LC
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> HeroQuest-RPG-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Do You Yahoo!?