Casting feats on others

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 07:07:56 -0000

I dithered a little over which list to address this to, but it's more of a "how does Glorantha work these days?" than a "what are the numbers?", so it goes here for now.

In some cases its obvious that you can cast a feat on someone else. In others, to me at least, it's not. And while I'm aware that MGwV, I'd like to know when I'm varying and from what standard.

Let's start with the examples that obviously work, and move up to those that look very dodgy to me.

A Healing feat. Obviously, you can cast it on others. I would imagine that, if you took multiple target penalties, you could cast some healing feats on a group of people all at once.

Sword Help. You can cast it on yourself, obviously. You can cast it on one other person instead of yourself - the SWAT team approach is documented. And again, I'd imagine that if you took multiple target penalties, you could cast it on a group of people - the warband who follow you, say.

"Run on Treetops". A Vingan can cast it on herself and go running across the forest. Can she, instead, cast it on a friend and let them go running across trees? How about taking those multiple target penalties and having an entire non-Vingan warband (with one Vingan assistant) running across treetops?

Yes, I'm aware that those modifiers would be high, and if you want to do this, you'd better be very good at that feat. But is it even possible? Something seems intuitively wrong about the last example or two at least.