Re: Re: Casting feats on others

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:16:31 +0100 (BST)

Charles Corrigan

> My reading of Javern Spithorn's Sunset Leap
> <http://www.glorantha.com/hw/javern_sunsetleap.html>
> indicates that
> a) all of the your examples are possible (and can be
> taken even further)

> b) many Gloranthans would agree that it seems to be
> "intuitively wrong"

Thanks, nice reference.

> In particular
> "If he worked with his band he could (once) bear all
> of them away at
> once for several hundred yards, even though they
> were fighting,
> healing or doing something else. He did this
> whenever Kallyr told
> him to do it, and it was one of her band's special
> escape tactics."

Hmm... it seems to me that *he* was moving *them*, he was not giving them to ability to Leap themselves. If you see what I mean. Almost like saying the rest of the warband with the theoretical Vingan can stay up in the trees as long as she holds their hands. Or maybe I'm splitting hairs here?

But the basic "gosh wow look what he can do!" feel implies to me that yes, it's all possible, but most people would be defeated by those multiple target penalties, and possibly the "this is only just applicable" modifiers. So while we *could* have a tree-running warband powered by a single Vingan, it'll be anything but normal. Does that sound about right?

Jane Williams

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com