Re: Casting feats on others

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:41:11 -0000

I think you might well be splitting hairs here... :-) On the other hand, there might be a mechanic of "You must either be touching the recipient or you can cast it through your wyter/vexilla/guardian on other members".

> But the basic "gosh wow look what he can do!" feel
> implies to me that yes, it's all possible, but most
> people would be defeated by those multiple target
> penalties, and possibly the "this is only just
> applicable" modifiers. So while we *could* have a
> tree-running warband powered by a single Vingan, it'll
> be anything but normal. Does that sound about right?

And bringing in Rob's comments, most Gloranthans would be defeated by their own beliefs that it is not possible or not right. In the Dragon Pass area, I think that these attitudes would only start to break down during the Fimbulwinter(*). Later in the Hero Wars as Venharlsson (I think) gets going with his designer hero bands (KoS, BA), it becomes far more common.

regards,
Charles

(*) I speculate that the hot house of the BatBlat at Whitewall would have changed the many of the participants' views on what is possible and right. And Greg's recent comments on Enferalda the Supporter being like a player hero rather than a common or garden Gloranthan may also be a factor here.