Re: Re: Casting feats on others

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:34:48 GMT

In message <dcku0e+q8ib_at_...> "Rob" writes:
>--- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jane Williams"
><janewilliams20_at_y...> wrote:

>> I dithered a little over which list to address this to, but it's
>> more of a "how does Glorantha work these days?" than a "what are the
>> numbers?", so it goes here for now.
>>
>> In some cases its obvious that you can cast a feat on someone else.
>> In others, to me at least, it's not. And while I'm aware that MGwV,
>> I'd like to know when I'm varying and from what standard.
>
>I think it was Donald on the WW list (I apologise if I am mistaken,
>but credit where credits due!) who raised the issue of whether
>religiously devout followers of a deity would cast feats on non
>worshippers, bearing in mind feats are representations of what their
>deity did. Now CA and the healing deities healed all and sundry, but
>re that vingan feat, I'm not so sure.
>
>Does that muddy the waters a bit?

What I meant by casting feats wasn't using your magic on someone else, like the healing example. There the person doing to magic is still the healer. It's the situation where you effectively give your magic to someone else, such as enabling them to run over treetops.

I just remembered the Issaries rune spell trading from RQ and wondered if Issaries still had something like this. On ST. pg 116 - the Secret for Gultha Goldentongue is "Trade Feats" which implies that it is not something that can be done by just anyone.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/