Re: Casting feats on others

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:56:01 -0000

I think this is the right list to use, Jane! The reason for that is, as others have suggested, this is not so much a rules as Gloranthalogical question.

Mechanically, there is no reason why your Vingan could not have a whole entourage of treetop-trotters, so long as she overcame that multiple-target penalty and they were close to her when she invoked the feat.

However, the contraints are more likely to be theological and practical:

  1. Feats are about _becoming the god(dess)_ -- it is one thing to bring ones junior sisters in Vinga along on a treetop jog. Indeed, I could see it as the stuff of pre-initiation rite ('follow Vinga's ways and just see what you can accomplish!') but the Vingan or her devotee peers might be less comfortable with using it to boost a bunch of hairy-bottomed Uroxi.
  2. And practical? Well, remember that a bad failure can harm the devotee. This might be considered Vinga punishing her for trying to use her magis on said Uroxi. And one entertainingly nasty point to bear in mind: what happens to them if the caster dies or is knocked unconscious? Were I a Lunar hunter-killer in that situation watching the devotee cast her magics, as soon as everyone was nice and high up, I'd make damn sure my commandoes did everything they could to zap her and watch it rain Uroxi!

All the best

Mark