Re: Superheroes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 18:58:09 +1300

Philip Grawe

> > *FWIW his list of Superheroes since time began: "Arkat. Sheng
> > Seleris, Hon-Eel, Jar-Eel, Harrek" and "Hon Hoolbiktu and Elamle".

>Just did a web search on Superheros in Glorantha and found

>"[...] For those unfamiliar with the work, there are three Superheroes
>present in Dragon Pass during the game's historical period: Harrek the
>Berserk, Jar-eel the Razoress, and Androgeous"

>Who is Androgeous (never having played White Bear & Red Moon)"

Nobody knows. There is a four paragraph description about him in Dragon Pass. Basically she is of mutable gender and controversial origins (everybody blames him on the rest).  From the description, she acts as an agent of Cosmic Balance, doing evil where there is too much good and vice versa.

The odd thing is, there's little else said about him anywhere else although the Lunar Account of his origins (wife and son of the belling hell) does fit in with Greg's later lunar stuff - there is a hell presided over by Natha, who is described as wearing bells.

--Peter Metcalfe

>I guess he's not on Sandy's list but on Greg's list ?

Sandy didn't include him because Androgeous has prehistoric origins.

--Peter Metcalfe