RE: Re: Augmenting and Play Styles

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:35:00 -0500

>From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...>

>I don't imagine it would suit or work for all groups, although I am sure
>that in such situations reaching a concensus is ideal.

Well I can't argue with that. However, I think that often such consensus occurs as a compromise that doesn't really solve the underlying problem again. Yes, the symptom is now fixed. But there will likely be other symptoms of the same problem.

But you seem content, so perhaps the dichotomy between your player types is not so large as to be really problematic. In any case, I'm not suggesting that you ought to change what you're doing. I'm just hoping that people see that this solution may, as you point out, only work for certain groups. And that there's another solution that I think solves the problem on a deeper, more comprehensive, level that might work better for some other groups (who may have more serious problems with players playing in multiple styles).

Mike