Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:15:03 -0700

LC

>I think what I'm wondering about is sometimes I am not sure if that
>isn't just accepting the end of the contest. The Princess out debates
>him, he is losing, he kisses her to fluster her. Now, if he announces he
>has turned this into a seduction (not just kissed her to get her off her
>game) hasn't he accepted that he has LOST the debate? (But intends to
>win something else?)

Well, I don't know what the context of the debate/seduction contest(s) was. If the barbarian kisses the Princess in order not to suffer the consequences of losing the debate, then it's the same contest. If he accepts them, then it probably is a new contest. I think I was assuming significant consequences (such as the barbarian being made to look like a fool in front of his peers by the glib Lunar missionary).

--

David Dunham