Re: Digest Number 2198

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:56:20 -0500

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:28:04 -0500
> From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Digest Number 2197
>

> > LC
> >
> > >Now, if he announces he
> > >has turned this into a seduction (not just kissed her to get her off her
> > >game) hasn't he accepted that he has LOST the debate? (But intends to
> > >win something else?)
>
> Absolutely. The objective of the contest has changed, therefore it's a
> different contest. The advantage of the being the one who initiates a
> contest is in being able to force your opponent to respond with an
> ability that isn't his or her best (or so you hope). But when you
> change the ability you are using, the objective of the contest must
> remain the same. All that has changed is the mean you are using to
> accomplish your goal, not the goal itself.
>
> Brian Curley

Bad form, replying to my own post, but I realize that I left something out of my original response. That is, the barbarian, in choosing to initiate a *different* contest, is giving up on the original contest. I like the idea of dropping him to 0 APs and giving his opponent a parting shot.

Brian Curley