Re: Re: GloranthaCom ILH2

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:58:41 GMT

In message <2koaf15mkkpfcvd0riprg8j2j5klbj66h3_at_...> Stephen Tempest writes:

>I would say "nice" but i'm not sure it's quite the right word... that
>picture actually manages to make the Goddess look more creepy and
>disturbing than the Bat she's riding on! Definite hints of spider
>there.

You know of spiders with sixteen legs?

I presume this is the Red Goddess in her aspect as Yara Aranis, Goddess of the Reaching Moon, scourge of the Pentan nomads.

>Will ILH-2 explain the symbolism of the things she's holding?

Scimitar - Lunar weapon of choice.
Bow and Arrow - use your enemies weapons against them. Scythe - death.
The red disk is probably supposed to be a human heart. I don't know about the gold disk.
The bat is also a Rinliddi death god warped by chaos.

That's my interpretation anyway, there may be an official one that's different.

It is a great image.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/