RE: Dragon Pass without _Sartar Rising_?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 21:42:28 +0100

> I'm considering starting a campaign set in Dragon Pass, but not
> following the _Sartar Rising_ arc at all. I'd probably sneak in the
> occasional mention of well-known historical events that the characters
> couldn't ignore, but that's it.
>
> Has anyone done this before?

Yes. Just about everyone who gamed before the SR series came out :)

> Do you have any advice, other than Your Glorantha May Vary?

Pick an area (or type of area) to play with, ask here for help from people who have already done something like that and can help you out with background (canon or otherwise). Sort out the type of game you want, we can probably help you work out where it would best fit.

> For example, are there some good in-print
> references other than the _Sartar Rising_ books that I should get? (I
> already have _Dragon Pass: Land of Thunder_.)

Do you mean in-print, or available? There's a huge difference!

"King of Sartar" may well be helpful.