In Wintertop's Shadow

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:27:59 +0100

 Hi chaps, just been reading IWS (In Wintertop's Shadow) with a view to running an Exiles campaign. I ran yesterday the old Tarsh War freeform, so my players are roughly familiar with the background, albeit from a completely different map and a Lunar perspective.

And it is maps which is causing me confusion. In the scenario The Tars Gor the heroes travel from Korlokstead to the Bush Range. While trying to trace the route on the map I discovered I was totally confused - they seem to have gone far south, then looped back up north, passing through Wintertop? Why not go through the Exile Wilds, saving maybe two days travel? I am even confused by something as basic as where the Shaker Temple is - at Maranaba? I find references to the Lion River, but I can't find it on the map, and to the Giant Haunted Dangmar's Pass - maybe I am just stupid, but I can't find that Pass on the map either?

I noted in one other place the compass direction of Korlokstead from Mt. Kero Fin was wrong - was the supplement originally written with a different map? Am I just confused by those little things which sit on the edge of the universe and nibble, whose names I forget, or has too much consorting with Lunars finally rendered me Lune struck? Anyone able to help???

Sory if my typos grate. Ams tillrecovering from a nasty infection and bit shaky.

all the best
cj x