RE: Duck Banners

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:34:49 +0100

Stu:

> Good query which got me thinking on duck banners! Personally
> I'd adopt a
> standard somewhat like the sashimono (samurai back-banner),
> crossed with the
> wings of the Polonic Husaria (wondrous wings worn to addorn
> the harness of Polo-Lithuanian cavalry, in the C16th+).

Thank you! Of course ducks have back-banners. How could I have missed the idea? The feathery addition is brilliant, and you're right, nice and easy to model. And a Death rune will do me fine. An orange, with a red crossed out circle over it, was being suggested, but that's a bit silly even for me.

Now I just need to sort out my water lurkers, artillery, and flyers.... Oh, and the ordinary boring troops :(

(Painted an awful lot of little orange legs last night. Running out of colours that look like Duck plumage).