Re: Sagas and Literature

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:33:41 -0000

> BTW, is there an epic like Gilgamesh, but based on the Solar Emperor
> who left, and came back as a dragon, during the late EWF period? Or
> would referring to him be Thoughtcrime, like the Orlanthi with "the
> other Son [of Umath], whose name we have forgotten"?

Martin Laurie wrote a story about that sometime ago. I suspect that would be the subject of a scurrilous story kept by some anti-solar group.

Even in the Lunar Empire, the vast majority of the population is illiterate and the vast majority of writers are clerks or priests. I doubt there is anything resembling "popular literature".

Jeff