Re: Sagas and Literature

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:25:06 -0000

> "Warlord" has been thrilling devout Loonie boys and girls for nigh
on
> two Wanes now. Its leaves are packed to the brim with daring
> adventures, glorious battles and close-run scrapes -- some
historical,
> some mythic, some plain turgid and outright racist -- wherein two-
> fisted Yanafali duke it out against the brutal, evil-eyed malice
of
> the Pentan hordes, and gutturally-voiced, warmongering Orlanthi
rebels
> ("For you, Lunar, the Hero Wars are over!").
> A poorly reproduced poster of JarEel, or collectible details of a
> particular regimental lare, free with every issue.

I may be a minority out there, but I really doubt there is a Lunar version of Boy's Life or Strange Tales. Serial fiction, multi-part publications and the like really require the printing press - which I do not believe exists in Glorantha. If you want to have it in your game for entertainment value, go for it, but I don't think it has a place in "canonical" Glorantha (whatever the heck that is).

Jeff