Re: Sagas and Literature

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:19:28 -0000

> > What about plays?
>
> I think it is entirely possible that the Lunars (at least the
> Pelandans, Syllilans and Provincials) have devotional plays. I
doubt
> they have Shakespeare, but they might have Aeschylus and Sophocles.
>
> Jeff

Preparation for heroquesting is similar to play. But it might be "without respect and humility" IMG, below is relentless Dara Happan attitude to Lunar Way heroquesting.

<<Thespis, at this time, beginning to act tragedies, and the thing, because it was new, taking very much with the multitude, though it was not yet made a matter of competition, Solon, being by nature fond of hearing and learning something new, and now, in his old age, living idly, and enjoying himself, indeed, with music and with wine, went to see Thespis himself, as the ancient custom was, act: and after the play was done, he addressed him, and asked him if he was not ashamed to tell so many lies before such a number of people; and Thespis replying that it was no harm to say or do so in play, Solon vehemently struck his staff against the ground: "Ah," said he, "if we honour and commend such play as this, we shall find it some day in our business." >>

TI