Re: Wintertop geography

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:03:35 +0100

Ah! thanks Ian. I have not got a copy of the DP map owing to my dear moggies unfortunate excess during a recent move (though thanks to the kindness of a list member I may soon have a replacement copy :) ) so I could not check. My confusion came when could not relate the text description in the adventures (well the first one) of IWS tot eh map on the back cover - I asked on here and was led to believe the map had been superseded. I may very well have misunderstood, and it may be that the description in the adventure was based on an older map.

Just out of interest I'm now considering running Tarsh War again, modified once more, and this time using the IWS terrain and background. Tarsh War is what we used to call a committee game - iyt uses dice, is really something of a wargame, and t my mind the rules are a bit sketchy. This has not stopped me buying a replacement copy after cat incident, or thoroughly enjoying two weekends great gaming from it.

cj x

I believe the two are compatible and I worked on both of them ;) but yes the geography has got a little harsher than that depicted in Tarsh War.