Re: Niskis

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:26:15 GMT

In message <dgkj7u+arbo_at_...> "Rob" writes:

>How anti social is the cult of Niskis? I imagine most Heortlings
>would object to some Niskis followers. Lock up your wives and
>daughters sort of stuff.

I don't think Heortling women tolerate being locked up. That's what Yelm did to Ernalda and is at least part of why she ran off with Orlanth.

I can't see married women being easily tempted by a Niskis romancing them. They've an awful lot they risk losing on divorce and culturally they're brought up to be practical over such things.

Equally a Niskis isn't going to be looked on favourably as a husband. He may be a great lover but what are you both going to live on? So it's a subcult for young men before they settle down.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/