Re: Re: Ideas needed...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 15:04:37 -0700

> >That's why Niskis is a Orlanth
> >Adventurous (ie, young man's) cult, and there is no equivalent in Orlanth
> >Allfather - the move from "thinking about sex every 5 seconds"
adolescence
> >to mature love.
>
> In the material for Yinkin (which I read just recently in Cults of
Sartar?)
> it says something similar, that those worshippers who do not move on to
> other cults at some point are looked upon with suspicion, or something of
> that nature.

Yep. The Heortlings see many behaviours as age-dependent. it's okay to be a mass of raging hormones when you're young. But you need to grow up and settle down at some point. Marry, raise a family, be a contributing member of saociety. That is what the "Orlanthi All" Heortlings do. If you are a member of the minority that don't do that, then they look at you as someone that's not "right". If you maintain your youthful raging hormonal period past 20 or so, then you're still acting like a kid. If you don't marry in your early 20's, then "there's something wrong with him".

And, of course, most Player Heroes fall into that wierdo 1/7th of people, and should be given the hairy eyeball by the "normal" Heortlings around them. Not to the extant of "Blacks in the Deep South ca 1950", more like "Bought a red sports car at age 50 and divorced his wife".

RR
- Richelieu