Re: Digest Number 2246

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:19:49 -0000

Tim and CJ

Heroquest P.177 - The First Rule: Your Glorantha Will Vary

The discussion has revealed a couple of things I didn't know, that most 'Heortling Women' (Heortling all being stated in Thunder Rebels therefore accepted Canon as 85% of them) view Uleria as a demon.

And what do we know about Apple Lane. Generally speaking it is obsolete, end of story. But there is a collective will amongst fans, for sentimental reasons, to have it exist as is. Your Game Will Vary. Mine Does. Apple Lane exists untouched in my game as a curio. You can visit an Ulerian temple there – but I don't have to explain why the temple is there, it just is.

If you set your game in Apple Lane you need more information, and here we can discuss retrofitting what we have since learnt about Heortlings and Uleria to give us conflict and plot for games. Whatever is most useful for you, and most fun for your game is definitely the way to go. Yes, ask here and you will be given canonical or attempts to deduct the canon from material available, but how you use that is up to you, and Heroquest specifically empowers you to make your Gorantha vary. Have fun and don't seat it is the mantra here. Read P.177 again if required!

Regards
Rob