Re: Re: Digest Number 2246

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 23:04:32 GMT

In message <003301c5c76d$65efbc60$f29c9dcd_at_TEST> "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" writes:

>In terms of Glorantha, its a wierd place, indeed. Whether these are all
>Gringle's old buddies, or a mysterious force attracted such a collection of
>people to the same place, who knows. But it certainly is *not* a typical
>Heortling stead or town as we now know them.
>
>For another take on Uleria, there is a brief mention in the Apple Lane
>writeup in the HQ Dragon Pass Gazetteer (page 11):
>"The village is noted for its smith and a tempel to uleia, a goddess of
>love and sex recognized, but not usually worshipped, by Orlanthi". A bit
>less vitriolic than the "Demon" appellation.

I wonder if that's a difference of opinion. Ernaldans regard her as a disruptive demon whereas Orlanthi regard her as a goddess of sex and love.

I notice it's also regarded as disputed by the Colymar and Malani tribes. Perhaps the dispute is that neither want the place and blame its malign elements on each other.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/