Re: The Mystery of Apple Lane

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:56:01 -0700

> > My reading of the line suggests a single
> > hamlet called Apple Lane, but it's location may vary
> > "wherever the land has
> > rain, a little snow, and enough late-summer sun to grow fine pippins".
>
> Well, quite, but for goodness sake, that's hardly evidence that there are
no
> other places called Apple Lane, is it? Only that the others aren't
important
> enough to be on any map (yet). Unless you're under the impression that
every
> hamlet in Sartar has been documented, and there's nothing new to discover?

Nope, not at all. But on the other hand, we haven't heard of any others called Apple Lane, either.

In a "kingdom" the size of a large California county, with a population of less than a modern city, even as spread out as the Sartarites are I'd be surprised if the same name was repeated. Not shocked, merely surprised. It wouldn't happen in *my* Glroantha, at least.

RR
- Richelieu