Ideas needed!

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 02:51:51 +0100

 Remeber that we started the whole Uleria/Apple Lane thing with me asking for ideas for my game. Well so far I am afraid nothing to report; what happened was that one of the players could not make it, so we played Dogs in the Vineyard, which was interesting, and I ran some ideas past them about different play styles. They seem keen on running a game where the survival of the clan, and the issues of family, community and resource management are foremost. They like dealing with things like allocating foodstuffs, planning defences, and dealing with outbreaks of cattle illness - tah sort of game. I think Heroquest should handle this fine, and will keep you posted on how I progress.

So far I have drawn inspiration from Simon's Freeform; I am used to wrting Freeforms myself, so I have started with a similar web of relations and stories happenning around the players, exactly as suggested on this list. I am now trying to think of some 'bangs' as thy were dexcribed, and some ways to make sure th players are forced to make choices, and involve themselves. I think it will be a lot of fun though... :)

cj x