Re: sartar

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 02:46:57 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, John Hughes wrote:

<snip>
> ...I've always had problems regarding Harrek as *any* sort of
> hero. What did he even 'bring back' (in the Joseph Campbell sense) to his
> community?

I agree. The White Bear is not a Hero, but a disaster. He's a source of woe and distruction, and if you ally with him he will propably eventually turn on you and yours.

He seems to be an example of what, in the dawn of live-roleplayin in Finland, was called "wondering damage", meaning an encounter/creature that could only mean a fight. Something you can't really reason with, only try to survive.

        -Adept