Re: What makes it special?

From: Bill Sluss <w_n_sluss_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:38:29 -0700 (PDT)

Well I've been playing Runequest since around 79 / 80, what I like about it is the realism it portrays over other systems like D&D. With Runequest your characters have no real limits to them, you can be good or bad or a mix of both, you can be a Warrior or a mage or both. And Glorantha is a very well put together world with a history and a future thats makes exploring and playing in it very interesting, add the extra planes and there are many years of playing available. I've played others but I always come back to Glorantha.

Bill

Edmund Metheny <gumby_at_...> wrote:
Vlsadimir's question mirrors my own. I've been wondering where to get more background information as well. But since Vlad has already asked that question I will ask one that is similar, but will hopefully take the discussion on a somewhat different path.

Runequest has been around for many years and has a devoted, some might say fanatical following. Why? What is special about Runequest that folks love it so? I don't ask the question to be flippant, but rather because I would like to hear from some of the long time fans of the world about what makes it tick for them. Why do you love the world of Glorantha enough to have stuck with it for these many years and these many system iterations? Why do you love running games in it, playing in it, or just spending time reading about it and discussing it on boards like this one?

Thanks in advance for any response - I look forward to hearing many good tales.

--
"Love is an Epic-level challenge."

-Durkon Thundershield