Re: Re: Digest Number 2261

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:51:41 GMT

In message <002d01c5d72f$705e7340$f29c9dcd_at_TEST> "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" writes:

>> Well, I tell you what, you tell that Jakaleel Shaman over there
>> that Lunars aint animists. She might just tell you that we are
>> ALL us, right before she fries your mind with madness spirits
>> and lunes!! :P
>
>She'll tell you that while *she* worships in an animist fashion,
>she is a true Lunar.

Do Gloranthans in general classify their religious practices as Animist, Theist and Sorcerous?

I would expect most to classify religious practices as right (the way we do things) and wrong (the way others do them). So to the average Orlanthi both a Kolating Shamen and a Yelmic Priest are wrong. Lunars just have a greater tolerance of wrong practices within the Lunar religion.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/