Re: Digest Number 2261

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:42:27 -0000

I think that generally "our way" and "not our way" is the correct way to look at it. But not that many people have anything to do with anyone outside their own pantheon. It is, in my opinion, a very nuanced issue.

For example, Kolat is accepted as part of the Orlanth pantheon. Kolatings are odd, stange, different and dangerous but "everyone" knows that some of their kin are born with spirits instead of souls and so Kolat (or Serdrodosa etc.) are right for them. I would guess that every clan would have one or two born in every generation with spirits. Some clans might be half and half and one or two clans in Sartar are nearly exclusively animist.

Most Sartarites would describe Praxians as dirty and smelly and believe that they mate with their animals. "They are not good enough to worship Orlanth and Ernalda".

regards,
Charles