Re: Lunar CM not cyclical?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:58:09 -0800

Nick:

> > RR:
> >
> >> many Common Magic abilities taught by Lunars are *not* Cyclical ),
> >
> > Oh? I'd assumed that it's Lunar, therefore it's cyclical. What am I missing?
> > Which bits aren't?
>
> Since common magic does not derive from the Otherworlds I would have
> thought that the vast majority of Common Magic that happens to be
> taught by and to lunar citizens is not in fact Lunar.

Aye. I think Lunars learning non-Lunar CM spells, feats, etc., would be no stranger than theistic Heortlings learning CM talents from Flesh Man.

Of course, those non-Lunar common magics are unavailable to Lunars who concentrate in Lunar magic--but then, most people *don't* concentrate.

(Presumably there are *also* some Lunar common magics, which would be cyclical. But there might not be many, and they might be fairly obscure.)