Re: Multiple Initiation

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:34:41 -0800

From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson"

> Remember that the "Storm Tribe religion" shown in Thunder Rebels is really
> the merging of the Storm and Earth Pantheons (with other additons, like
> Heler (Water) and Elmal (Fire). The Earth pantheon is pretty laid back about
> who they "marry". Chaos is about the only thing they absolutely *won't*
> mary, though Darkness is usually a close second.

And of course, in the Holy Country, Argar Argan (sic) is one of the husbands of Ernalda. In some areas, darkness isn't a problem.

As for chaos, yeah, I'm not aware that Ernalda ever married Thanatar. But even there, I believe there are earth hymns to Chaos as the source of all existence, yes? So chaos *now* is to be hated and fought, but there's still a place for chaos in the big old weaving.