Re: Dawn campaign?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:47:53 -0000

> I could use some advice and help. I'm toying with the idea of
setting a campaign at the Dawn. Partly this is because my gaming group is overwhelmed by all the Glorantha knowledge these days; and partly it's to capture a certain world of myth / Bronze Age feel.

What culture do you want to play? Many settlements do not realize the Dawn has occured and the world restored until they are contacted by the Lightbringers. In central Genertela, the tribes belonging to the High Kingdom of the Heortlings are the engine of activity. Further north, the Dara Happans struggle against their horse nomad overlords. It is a happy time for the Elder Races - all of whom are allied with the Heortlings as members of the World Friends Council.

> My thought was to start the campaign with the Sunrise, and to have
the players remember everything before (Darkness, Chaos, etc) as a dim confusing dream. (Mostly this is so that the players don't have to read a lot of exposition). I was thinking of having some people remember more than others (or remember certain events better than others) and that this is the start of organized religion. Any thoughts on this approach?

Man, there was a lot going on right at the Dawn - unfortunately the best source on the early First Age is the yet unpublished "Harmastsaga".

> Generally, any thoughts and/or comments?
>
> -- theo
>

> Theo Posselt
> (m) 415-613-8903
> (o) 415-783-6129

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

> Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]