Form Fill Sheets

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:33:22 +0000

 Hiya chaps and chapesses....

I ran my first HQ gane fr some weeks with a new group last night - I have been fairly seriously ill - anyway it was great fun. I called roundin advance to see what kind of characters they wanted to play, and then filled in the Form Fill pdf with the keyords for their Homeland and Ocupation. This made character generation much faster, as I then printed them off an all the defualt info was readily available on their sheets. Shame there is no way of saving form fill pdfs, unless I am just stupid and there is?

This is my group who six months ago converted to Runequest, and have never played HQ before in the main. They are rabid RQ2 enthusiasts, and a couple of them were frankly sceptical, but it ended with one no preference, and the rest of th group equally divided between RQ and HQ as preferred Gloranthan system. Everyone has acknowledged though that they are good for different things.

My 'women of Sartar' game was force on hold by my collapse, but that is back on tonight, and proved very enjoyable in the last run - you will recall I asked for ideas after my players generated three verydifferent women, none of whom had any rel combat skills - well yes I suppose the Hunter did...

Anyway, I am sure you have no desire to hear me whitter about running my first few HQ games - I actually found by concentrating on understanding the mechanics, and getting the players to see how it worked, they were happier than last time when I spent much more time on descriptio and 'fee' and asked them to just assume I could work out mechanics and just roll the dice when I said. Once they understood what was going on they could relax more, ad make better choices I guess...

Anyway, what I really wanted to ask i actually a Word Processing issue. How can I get a mastery rune of the right size and font for my pdf form fill sheets? I assume there are downloadable rune fonts, and while dumb I can use Help to work out how to install them on Windows 2000, and then can you change font on Adobe acrobat form fills? Or can I somehow add it as a system symbol to the character map, which I rather doubt? Anyone help?

all th ebest
cj x