Re: Harrek similar to Conan

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:22:38 -0000

This is in danger of straying Off Topic I fear. However just to be clear - it ws not my intention to suggest that Harrek == Conan. It was my intent to suggest that Harrek's *heroism* is similar to the *heroism* displayed by Conan. Conan is a thief, an assasin, kills gods (well demon things), a pirate, a mercenary, and an iron fisted ruler of his own realm. Harrek is a thief, an assasin, kills gods (well spirits, he is an animist), a pirate, a mercenary, and an iron fisted ruler of his own realm. The debate was bout what it is to be a hero, and my sugesstion was merely that Harrek is a hero in the Sword&Sorcery genre sense of a hero, those are his antecedents.

Ian