Re: Alakoring/Heortling Languages

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:59:26 +1300

At 07:46 PM 11/8/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>There do not seem to be anything about languages oon the Keywords? Do
>Alakorinsg like the Winterop Exiles speak the same tongue as Heortlings
>from Sartar? Shoud my characters have language skills?

No. They speak a language closer to Tarshite although the Far Pointers speak the same language. If you really want to go the language route and not fudge it a la HQ p182 then the base language skill is 6 but Sartarites have -2 or -3 on understanding Tarshites and Far Pointers whereas they would have -1 on understanding Esrolians and Old Pavisites. For languages further afield (like Brolian) or for obscure languages (like Tusk Rider or Storm Speech)
then the penalty should be something like -5.

--Peter Metcalfe

--Peter Metcalfe