Re: Alkorings and Heortlings

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 04:12:07 -0000

> Alakoringite includes far more than just the Heortling summer
> tribes. It also includes the Talastari and the Sylilans who
> have never been Heortling. Now can we move this to the
> digest?

As a broad distinction between types of kingship, I largely agree (although I question whether the Sylilans practiced Alakoringite kingship rites). As a cultural categorization, I increasingly think the term "Alakoringite" is perhaps meaningless.

If you want to move this to the digest, that's fine. However, traffic on these lists have been so low that I doubt it makes much difference -  at least we are talking about something Gloranthan instead of various computer games. :)

Jeff