Re: Saying thank you!

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:27:27 -0000

> Watch any military action-adventure movie for the hand signals in
the unit
> ("You" (points at person) "scout" (point 2 fingers at eyes, then
point them
> away) "over there" (point in direction). etc. )

I doubt hunter or warrior signals counts as "Swordspeech" - which I still think was a bit of RQ2 monomything.

> Talk with Hands feat in the general Communication affinity (and
Harst has
> "Speak with hands" as an "additonal feat" in the identical affinity -
> oops.). Harst's Secret is "Communivcate with strangers' - 1/4 to
communicate
> with someone you don't share a language with.

Additionally, in my campaign, the Orlmarthing clan of the Colymar (the Woodpeckers) have what is called the "Woodpecker's Knock" - a signalling code with a very limited vocabulary.

Jeff