Re: dialect/jargon

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:54:02 -0000

However, this being Glorantha, given that two people have myths about how their people, back pre-time, created/invented the **same** language, obviously both must be true. A few ways that this could be the case:

1- They are actually the same myth, seen from different view points. 2- One myth is the origin, the other is a 'misapplied worhip' version of it.
3- Mystically they are both true, for reasons that I, as a non- mystic, can't comprehend.
4- (the one that I really like) They both found the same deeper truth.

In case 4, trade talk may be:

  1. the primal language of commerce, that has been discovered in more than one place.
  2. Or it was the language created in some very early age, lost, then re-found.
  3. Or it is the sure result of a certain fusion of runes, the fusion of which can be accomplished in more than one way.
  4. Or all of those statements are actually saying the same thing (getting into the waters too deep for me again, so I won't think about that options much more).

--Bryan