RE: Re: Saying thank you!

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:32:55 -0600

>From: "Jeff Richard" <richaje_at_...>
>
>Not really.� Ultimately, criminal gangs are secret societies that
>need to keep their routine activities hidden from the rest of
>society.� Humakti are, by and largely, members of the Orlanthi
>warrior elite and have no compelling need to keep their activities
>clandestine.

Gang signs are not secret. They're simply not widely known. But you can find them out without a problem if you want. They're not for secret communication, again, but they're for identification. If you don't know how to make a particular gang's sign, then you're definitely not in the gang. If you can make it, that doesn't mean you're in the gang, just that they have to then take more steps to rule it out. The next question is "What set do you run with?" Meaning what people in the gang. Very much the Orlanthi greeting in effect.

As such, I could see Humakti having them. Or not. But Humakti know prayers, etc, that serve the same function of identification when the need arises. And woe to the individual who fakes it. :-)

Mike