Re: Re: Saying thank you!

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:19:36 -0800

"Jeff Richard" <richaje_at_...>

> Perhaps because I am not interested in developing a justification for
> some of the more half-baked remnants from Cults of Prax. My point is
> simply that the idea that the Heortling cult of Humakt needs or has an
> independent and complex sacred language called Swordspeech has always
> struck me as silly.

Was SwordSpeech mentioned anywhere other than "Cults of Prax"? If not, then maybe Swordspeech is specifically a *Praxian* skill. That is, the Praxian followers of SwordMan have a kinship which transcends tribal boundaries--a Bison SwordMan follower understands himself to be the comrade of an Impala or Rhino SwordMan follower. All those tribes have different (though related) languages, as I understand it. Perhaps the SwordMan followers have their own tongue, maybe devised by the Council of Friends (in an attempt to unite the Praxian tribes), which lets them communicate with other Praxian Humakti.

Just a wild speculation...