Re: dialect/jargon

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:26:04 -0800

Bryan

>However, this being Glorantha, given that two people have myths about
>how their people, back pre-time, created/invented the **same**
>language, obviously both must be true. A few ways that this could be
>the case:
>
>1- They are actually the same myth, seen from different view points.
>2- One myth is the origin, the other is a 'misapplied worhip' version
>of it.
>3- Mystically they are both true, for reasons that I, as a non-
>mystic, can't comprehend.
>4- (the one that I really like) They both found the same deeper truth.

or

5. It was a collaborative effort (which, given this is Tradetalk, seems the most likely to me).

IMO, whether Tradetalk is a pidgin or a magical language, either way it's not as expressive as a complete language. You might negotiate a truce in it, but it'd be risky to negotiate a permanent treaty, which would depend on shades of meaning.

--

David Dunham