Re: Re: Saying thank you!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:34:16 +0000 (GMT)

Jeff:
> >Let's face it, Gloranthan warfare does not
> >have the sort of tactical complexity that the
> average SWAT team uses
> >and I doubt even amongst elite and dedicated
> Humakti, the small unittactics are pretty crude

Peter Metcalfe:
> Your saying so doesn't make it so. This is about
> colour and fun not tedious realism.

Hear, hear!

Rules bits: Humakti ten-thanes have a compulsory "tactics" ability.

Role-play bits: if you doubt their ability at tactics, Hereward's Legion invite you to test it, any time you like. Current location, the Rubble (as of 1621, a few weeks post-Cradle).

Over the game, the players have gradually been developing Sword-speech "vocabulary". I do like the signal that consists of drawing a finger across one's throat. Just the right degree of subtelty. But don't worry, there's also a signal for "back off to where we can't be heard so we can talk about it". This language, as used by us, has limits.

And we spent a lot of time on the Cradle sneering at Orlanthi "tactics", which seem in comparison to consist of "charge!" (Or possibly, "run away!").

Jane Williams