Re: Sources

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:37:14 +0000

  It seems to me some people want a
> fantasy world with no fantasy, so if we are going to throw out Swordspeech
> and Apple Lane, lets throw out the gods too. Wait Greg's done that.
>
> Seriously though, is Glorantha for HeroQuest and the new mongoose RQ,
> meant for gaming, or some anal intellectual exercise?

Well I think Glorantha does have a lot of room for intellectual play, and for analysing myths and how they work - a sort of well past Frazerian Joseph Campbell kind of thing from what I can mak out, drawing from ALL real world mythologies generously it would seem to me?

However why do you say Greg has thrown the gods out? That confused me???

cj x