Chaos Invasions

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 02:14:37 -0000

As we all know, Snakepipe Hollow (and to a lesser extent, the Chaos Woods) periodically vomits out a chaos invasion that ravashes the nearby lands of Tarsh, the Far Place and Sartar. It is certainly happened in the past - we know that there was an immense outpouring of Chaos from the Hollow during the Gbaji Wars. We also know that the Lunars will invoke a similar invasion against the Sartarites during the Hero Wars.

Similarly, a chaos horde vomited out of the Print in 1617 and devastated central Heortland. That was pretty nightmarish - I recall that at her height, the Queendom of Jab numbered between 5,000 and 15,000 scorpion men.

So how do folk envision the invasions that erupt out of the Hollow? Thousands of broo streaming out in all directions to impregnate themselves on livestock and domestic animals? Large bands of broo raiders sent out by the command of chaotic demons? Presumably these bands usually infest the Lost Man Wilds, the New Hills, the Sharl Plains and Trader's Valley, but sometimes make it as far south as the Donalf Flats, Swan Vale or even the Streamvale, or as far west as Slave Wall or even Bagnot.

Do folk imagine that raids and investation invasions are more frequent in the post-Righteous Wind years (after 1611)? Are there Lunars in contact with the demons of the Hollow? Do they erupt in 1621-1622 with the demise of Orlanth?

Is anyone's campaign dealing with these sorts of themes?

Jeff