Re: Chaos Invasions

From: Santo Sengupta <Santo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:48:40 -0500

Jeff Richard wrote:

>Do folk imagine that raids and investation invasions are more
>frequent in the post-Righteous Wind years (after 1611)? Are there
>Lunars in contact with the demons of the Hollow? Do they erupt in
>1621-1622 with the demise of Orlanth?
>
>Is anyone's campaign dealing with these sorts of themes?

My Lunar campaign is currently dealing with a Chaos outbreak in the middle of "civilized" Prax. (Does Sun County count?) The first harbinger of the threat has been a new plague, a variant of Brain Fever known as the "Yellow Menace".

**The Yellow Menace, a Disease Spirit**

/Brain Fever 10M /&#92; 10/ (Hidden Possession 20, Burning Fever 20, Delirium 5M, Painful Pus and Pleghm 20, Ravage Mind 5M, Resist Theist Magic 5M)

And yes, its origins ties rather explicitly into the demise of Orlanth during the sacred time of 1621. The final showdown between the heroes, who are ragtag bunch of concerned Lunar missionaries, and the architects of the plague should be occuring this weekend. I suppose if the Heroes fail badly (or waste their opportunity and go after individual villians rather than to stop the plague itself), it could start a major Chaos Regurgitation in Prax.

All in all it's been a good time (well, for me at least), and so far the Heroes have managed to convince two Broo to follow Rufelza. "We Are All Us." indeed.

-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."