Re: Chaos Invasions

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:49:29 -0000

> I really don't think this is actually what was wanted, but I'll
post
> it anyway to (un)support Jeff's thread. My brief Far Place
campaign
> incorporated two Chaos exsurgencies in the Clan Questionnaire, as
> backstory. Flavour-text paraphrased from John Hughes.

Stu - actually, this is exactly the sort of stuff I was hoping for!

> The Chaos-Breakings, 1449 & 1517
> "The foul legions of Chaos surged out of the pit of Ginijji, and
> broke across the land. Many fell to its beasts, as man, woman and
> child, beast, tree and wind were slain. But we triumphed, as
Rangar
> Wakes-In-Darkness was guided by the voice of the Storm to an
ancient
> ruin, where he learnt the power to call the Righteous Wind. This
> dark storm he brought unto his foes, and on the winds rode Black
> Thunderbird, the Wrath of Orlanth. And Chaos was defeated."

So we've got a major outbreak in 1449 (presumably in conjunction with the kinslaughter associated with the Tarshite Civil War), and in 1517 (not quite sure what this is associated with).

Presumably, the Hollow is largely quiet until the Hero Wars. Chaos raids and infestations, yes, but no great eruptions until after 1621- 1622 (although I could imagine there being a large infestation invoked by the Lunars during Terasarin's reign).

Jeff