Lunar Occupation of Sartar

From: Dr Stuart Mousir-Harrison <loosmoos_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:18:53 +0000

Hi there folks!

I'm trying to flesh out some more on the
<http://www.mousir.btinternet.co.uk/RPG/balkoth/index.htm>Balkoth Tribe of
<http://www.mousir.btinternet.co.uk/RPG/balkoth/index.htm>Sartar under
Lunar Occupation c.1620 and keep running into a number of questions that I cannot answer (although I might not be reading enough - I have just about everything relevant.)

Just how heavy is the Lunar occupation in Dragon Pass, or conversely, how thinly spread are the Lunars?

I know that Orlanth worship is outlawed and a death penalty rests on the heads of his priests, but how much can this really be enforced? (And as a secondary question what is the status of Vingans in the "enslaved" tribes). Are the "enslaved" tribes such as the Balkoth really under heavy military domination, or is it more a case that the "hearts and minds" battle has been won by the Lunars? (Or at least they instill enough fear to stop a major rebellion?)

There must have been a large military force available for the original conquest, and enough to mount police and counter-insurgency actions (such as the removal of the Balkoth Tribe's goats), but do we know how much presence there is, say in a tribal capital or major stead?

Any ideas folks (other than YGMV)?

QED
Quadruped Erat Demonstrandum
The (elusive) Dr Moose